Odd faults

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Cx3puzzles

Post by Cx3puzzles »

Hi
I just took delivery of 69 plate cx3 sport nav plus.
Dealer very help ful, however
1. Not sure if adaptive lighting is working , I select auto and push the stalk forward but the green illuminated icon is not there.
2. Operating manual hi beam , the range shortens so much switching to low beam, I can’t drive more than 30 on country lanes ( no prob in the C3 Picasso I traded! )

3. Sat in neutral , hand brake on … reached across and foot touched clutch … revs went up fro idle to 1800! I made sure my right foot was nowhere near accelerator and repeated the action 3 times before the revs ceased to respond !

4. This morning it was cold , sat in car seatbelt on, start button was orange , car refused to start, all dash lights illuminated … then nothing . I went and got second set of keys , started fine … went and changed to first set of keys now they started ok.

This is all v bewildering

santa

Post by santa »

1. I don't have adaptive lighting myself (only the swiveling lights) but have you checked the setting in the infotainment system? It can be turned on/off in there.
2. Have your lights checked, they may be set too low. On my CX-3 they were a bit low from the factory.
3. Sounds like iStop was activated and had stopped the engine. So when you touched the clutch, it restarted the engine. iStop will stop the engine when in neutral and the foot is off the clutch (if all the different parameters are met). But there should be a green istop light on, when it's active.
4. Change the battery in the key. If the battery runs low it might not be able to start the car "remotely", but the you can physically touch the start button with the key while you press it and then it will start (in case you run out of battery in the key).
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.