Call Mazda First???

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Hi, not been here for ages, shows how reliable Mazda motors are perhaps? ;)

I've used 'Call Mazda First' before for a non fault claim when we were shunted up the rear and I couldn't fault the service, but now my wife managed to scrape the passenger side of the CX3 (both front and rear doors) against a parked vehice in solid slow moving traffic whilst trying to keep over from being hit by oncoming moving vehicles! She wasn't able to stop at the time to see what other parked vehicle was involved or even to leave a note due to the amount of traffic - we later returned to the site but the vehicle had since gone - so in keeping with the law and the fact there were quite a few possible witnesses around we reported it online and have a 'crime' reference No......

My question(s) - Has anyone here used the Call Mazda First for own fault accidents? And were they charged an extra excess from their insurance company because Mazda First were involved, and if so how much? I realise in this instance I'll have to pay the agreed excess to our insurers but wonder how much extra they could 'load' us with??

Cheers for any input. 8-)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

AndyRen wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:32 pm Hi, not been here for ages, shows how reliable Mazda motors are perhaps? ;)

I've used 'Call Mazda First' before for a non fault claim when we were shunted up the rear and I couldn't fault the service, but now my wife managed to scrape the passenger side of the CX3 (both front and rear doors) against a parked vehice in solid slow moving traffic whilst trying to keep over from being hit by oncoming moving vehicles! She wasn't able to stop at the time to see what other parked vehicle was involved or even to leave a note due to the amount of traffic - we later returned to the site but the vehicle had since gone - so in keeping with the law and the fact there were quite a few possible witnesses around we reported it online and have a 'crime' reference No......

My question(s) - Has anyone here used the Call Mazda First for own fault accidents? And were they charged an extra excess from their insurance company because Mazda First were involved, and if so how much? I realise in this instance I'll have to pay the agreed excess to our insurers but wonder how much extra they could 'load' us with??

Not sure why you would ring call Mazda First for a fault claim. I presume they are an accident management company and in a non fault scenario that they bill the "at faults" insurers a fee for their services. They may not even take on "fault" cases but if they do there must be cost for using them that is born by you or your insurer.

As always when making a claim be sure the actual cost of the repair is less than your excess plus the 5 years of higher car insurance that you will pay.

Over the years, touch wood, we have had 5-6 non fault accidents and I have always dealt direct with the "at faults" insurers and never paid an excess.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Percy247 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:57 pm ... As always when making a claim be sure the actual cost of the repair is less than your excess plus the 5 years of higher car insurance that you will pay.

Over the years, touch wood, we have had 5-6 non fault accidents and I have always dealt direct with the "at faults" insurers and never paid an excess.
You need to declare to your own insurer all accidents that you're involved in, regardless of who or what was at fault.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

jtonline wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:18 pm
Percy247 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:57 pm ... As always when making a claim be sure the actual cost of the repair is less than your excess plus the 5 years of higher car insurance that you will pay.

You need to declare to your own insurer all accidents that you're involved in, regardless of who or what was at fault.
This as with most things in life is a grey area. As per your policy terms and conditions you need to notify your insurer of any accidents whether you intend to claim on the policy or not.

I follow this to letter if the accident is anything more than a car parking bump or scrape. The last couple of incidents we have suffered have both been hit whilst parked in supermarkets car parks.

These were sorted with sub £300 smart repairs. I chose not to notify my insurer as they were no fault of ours. I also have no desire to increase our insurance premiums for the next 5 years and be unable to recover the difference. Common sense in my opinion.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

AndyRen wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:32 pm ... My question(s) - Has anyone here used the Call Mazda First for own fault accidents? And were they charged an extra excess from their insurance company because Mazda First were involved, and if so how much? I realise in this instance I'll have to pay the agreed excess to our insurers but wonder how much extra they could 'load' us with??

mazdafirstfaqs.jpg

Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd