Update software

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Hi

Is there a way to update the system software, now that my car is not serviced by Mazda but an independent garage.

Many Thanks
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Paul97 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:41 am Hi

Is there a way to update the system software, now that my car is not serviced by Mazda but an independent garage.

Many Thanks

Hi Paul,

If you are talking about the Infotainment software, then you have two options - either paying a Mazda dealer to do it or carrying out the update yourself. The latter is possible for free - apart from the minimal cost for a suitable USB drive if you've not got a spare one - providing you are confident in carrying out instructions EXACTLY and have an hour to spend doing it. The software isn't updated that frequently and I believe the latest version is 74.00.324A EU assuming you are based in Europe. Other versions are available elsewhere in the world. You can check your currently installed version via the Settings section on the Infotainment screen.

For details of how to carry out the upgrade plus various update file(s) and video then you need to contact forum member ASH8 on the US CX-3 forum by messaging him on https://www.cx3forum.com/members/ash8.10906/

I'm not aware of any other software on the CX-3 and/or how it would be updated outside the Mazda dealer network.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Thanks for the info st3v3cx-3, it's really apprecieted👍
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
Arbycx3

Post by Arbycx3 »

I’m having some issues with my current CX3. It’s a 2019 Sport Nav + in Eternal Blue. 2litre Petrol Auto. It’s the second CX3 I’ve owned.
Despite being fully serviced by Mazda from new they have never updated the system software. My iPhone connects fine by Bluetooth but the WiFi for connected services is hit and miss. I can connect enter the password and it works until iStop intervenes or I switch off. It then forgets the WiFi network and password which is inconvenient to say the least.
The Mazda dealer from whom I purchased it says a software update ( it’s currently 59) will fix it. My local dealer wants to investigate and charge me for it despite the car having an extended Mazda warranty.
Will a software upgrade fix it? Should I try it without the dealer?
CX3 Sport Nav+ Luxury 2.0l Petrol 2WD Auto Eternal Blue Mica
Arbycx3

Post by Arbycx3 »

The guys on the US forum have been very helpful. Thanks for pointing me to them.
CX3 Sport Nav+ Luxury 2.0l Petrol 2WD Auto Eternal Blue Mica
mcass

Post by mcass »

Hello

i am trying to obtain the latest system CONNECT firmware for a 2019 Mazda CX3
mcass

Post by mcass »

I am new to the forum and would be grateful for any help.
mcass

Post by mcass »

A member of the forum ASH8 stated that he had a copy of the latest firmware (74 .....) for Europe and it was free to forum members provided a message was sent'
mcass

Post by mcass »

I am not quite sure how to contact ASH8 via the forum.
mcass

Post by mcass »

I have submitted short posts in order to achieve a minimum of five. I think this is required in order to send a message to another forum member.