A quick Hi from Northumberland

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
countryman

Post by countryman »

Collected our CX3 yesterday. 2019 (68) with just under 5000 miles ...yes five thousand. Still working out which of the 'options' it has ! So far found out that Personalisation is a good starting point. Some have been switched off, such as Smart City Brake Support. if I needed that then I shouldn't still be driving!

The Bose sound system brought a huge smile to my face. Can't wait to put on some AC/DC. The HUD is fantastic.

Previous car was an Audi Q3 2012 S-Line 2.0 Quattro and so far the CX-3 is just as competent. Just wish it was a teensy bit larger. But not as much as the CX-30.

Mulling over whether or not to upgrade to Android Auto . I find the Nav system relatively 'clunky' compared to using Google Maps on my smartphone. Thing is I'd go to a dealer and they want £600...

Looking forward to participating in the forum although my knowledge is not extensive.
Mazda CX-3 2.0 150 Sport Nav + 5dr AWD Petrol Manual

Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

Welcome. Not sure about having smart city brake switched off. Might just save you on that one occasion that someone steps off a pavement in front of you or slams on whilst your attention is elsewhere.

I believe it should be on by default but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Android Auto/Apple Car play is easy to retrofit and there are good guides on t'internet. I bought a genuine Mazda kit with instructions from china (AliExpress) for about £90 (Also available from UK Mazda dealers but more costly).

Took about 3 hours to install, half of which was updating the firmware. Worth doing if you are going to use it a lot.

You can also get new SD cards with updated maps on for about £25 on eBay as well, as long as you are happy with the fact that they are not genuine!
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.