What upgrades/customisations did you do your CX-3

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
fillip2k

Post by fillip2k »

So I've only recently bought my CX-3, generally really enjoying it. For my purposes it fits the bill. I enjoy the looks of it and the handling performance are what I was looking for. There are some issues which currently I'm trying to get the dealer to rectify (like a duff wheel bearing and reverse camera issue)

I was just wondering what kind of upgrades/customisations did people do to their CX-3?

I'll be changing the tyres on mine as the 4 new tyres the Mazda dealer put on mine are some crappy Triangle brand I have never heard of. They may well be okay but for my piece of mind I'll be changing all of them for a brand I recognise. Currently planning on getting some Pirelli Powergy ones as they have a low noise rating a B and A rating for fuel economy and Wet handling respectively.

The other things I have done are get the Car Play/Android Auto upgrade done (£299 at the dealer fitted) I bought a load of OSRAM LED light's for the interior and the reg plate off Amazon. Sidenote, does the glove box have a light in it? if so where is it and how to do I change it? I took the glove box off and I could not see anything that looked like a light socket. Mine is a 68 plate if that makes any difference.

I'll likely buy the rubber boot liner and I'm mulling over getting the welcome lights fitted. I was also perhaps thinking of getting some scuff plates for door sills.

I'm planning on keeping the car for 3-4 years so kind of seeing these things as an investment in my enjoyment of the car. Otherwise I guess you could argue they are a bit of a waste of money! :lol:
2018 Arctic White Sport Nav+ Petrol 2.0 (121bhp)

TEB

Post by TEB »

Changing the tyres from the factory Toyo summer tyres which had prematurely perished to Khumo 4 Season is about my only change to the standard spec so far, seems to have made the ride a little more comfortable, improved wet grip and reduced road noise.

However as there is a small patch of corrosion appearing on the roof, it may need a respray at some point. So I've been debating whether to go with a black roof, having seen what I think was a GT spec CX3 in machine grey with a black roof and thought it looked quite smart.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

See my signature below.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
fillip2k

Post by fillip2k »

I found the light in the glove box, so that's all the interior lights and the reg plate lights switch over to LED. I think the LED lights are definitely way brighter. So pretty pleased.

I started having a look at getting the ECU chipped after looking at your signature HouseSpider. Seems interesting, also not as expensive as I had expected... perhaps once my used warranty is done I'll check it out 😅.
2018 Arctic White Sport Nav+ Petrol 2.0 (121bhp)
jakedapeguk

Post by jakedapeguk »

Pretty much all of these upgrades and footwell lighting which is awesome in the winter .
I really really want to supercharge it , it’s persuading myself (or rather the wife ) to part from 5k!
I have the awd variant which would make it the first in the uk / Europe .
2016 cx-3 sport nav AWD