Rear parking camera flickering and rolling.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Jay69

Post by Jay69 »

Just had my rear camera on my 2019 model start to play up. Reading that in USA and Australia that this is a recal. In reverse picture flickers and sometimes rolls up.
Before i call Mazda tomorrow, has anyone else had this issue in the UK and how it was resolved?

fillip2k

Post by fillip2k »

I had this issue with my 2018. The picture was flickering and had lines across it. Took it to the dealership I bought it from (mines 2nd hand) and they replaced the camera on my warranty. Apparently they said that it is water ingress...

I still need to contact customer relations though as I think they just did a straight swap and didn't resolve the bits of corrosion on the tailgate or add the sticker some had mentioned to stop this happening again. But then I've come to expect poor service off the dealership I bought it from. Suffice to say I'll be trying out the Stourbridge one because Johnsons is hands down one of the worst dealerships I've ever dealt with.
2018 Arctic White Sport Nav+ Petrol 2.0 (121bhp)
TEB

Post by TEB »

fillip2k wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:54 pm I had this issue with my 2018. The picture was flickering and had lines across it. Took it to the dealership I bought it from (mines 2nd hand) and they replaced the camera on my warranty. Apparently they said that it is water ingress...

I still need to contact customer relations though as I think they just did a straight swap and didn't resolve the bits of corrosion on the tailgate or add the sticker some had mentioned to stop this happening again. But then I've come to expect poor service off the dealership I bought it from. Suffice to say I'll be trying out the Stourbridge one because Johnsons is hands down one of the worst dealerships I've ever dealt with.
Mazda UK turned down a warranty request to repair tailgate corrosion on our example. The dealer suggested Mazda class surface corrosion as a paint defect, which is only covered for the cars first three years, our car was just over 4 years old at the time. Dealer did repair it mind as a goodwill gesture having just bought the car, though no idea if this protective foil was fitted, very much doubt it mind, as they claimed it was not an issue they had not come across before on a CX3, which I find hard to believe.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

You could drive a car thru all the holes in Mazda's paintwork guarantee! It seems not to apply to any plastic panels, like bumpers as allegedly you can only use a paint depth gauge on metal panels. Nice get out of jail card!
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.