First car… CX-3 2018

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
karanchand

Post by karanchand »

Hi everyone,

Just bought my first car after having relied on trains and public transport to date :D

A Mazda CX-3 Sport Black+

Really enjoying it so far! Good to see that there’s an active forum

Pondering whether to cost up an upgrade to get Apple Carplay …
CX-3, Sport Black+, Manual, Petrol, Grey, 2018

Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

karanchand wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:22 pm Hi everyone,

Just bought my first car after having relied on trains and public transport to date :D

Welcome. What year is your CX-3? You can buy an upgrade kit for the existing MZD connect entertainment system. The kit includes a new USB hub and a couple of cables. This coupled with a software update gets you wired Android Auto/Apple car play. It's a fairly easy DIY fit if you are practically minded.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
karanchand

Post by karanchand »

Percy247 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:00 am
karanchand wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:22 pm Hi everyone,

Welcome. What year is your CX-3? You can buy an upgrade kit for the existing MZD connect entertainment system. The kit includes a new USB hub and a couple of cables. This coupled with a software update gets you wired Android Auto/Apple car play. It's a fairly easy DIY fit if you are practically minded.
Thanks Percy247! It’s 2018 model. That sounds great - do you know if it interfaces with the pop-up display? The mazda satnav provides directions through there and by voice. Not sure if carplay does the same?
CX-3, Sport Black+, Manual, Petrol, Grey, 2018
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

Sorry, I don't know if it works. Not sure if anyone else on here has done the upgrade themselves or had it dealer fitted who can confirm if this works. I don't think AA/CP was factory fit until about 2019/2020.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I did a DIY install of the Mazda AA/CP kit on my 2015 and use the Waze sat nav app on my iPhone. The infotainment screen on the dashboard shows the map and spoken directions plus the phone screen shows a list of each direction instruction from start to destination. Unlike the built-in Mazda sat nav, Apple CarPlay does not show any directions on the Active Display screen behind the steering wheel.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd