Mazda cx-3 radiator fan switch?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
ZokiKiza

Post by ZokiKiza »

Hello,
Yesterday on my mazda cx-3 2.0 petrol, first time I saw engine temperature 104°C. I opened bonnet and fan radiator not work. At what degree should the fan be turned on?
I'm afraid something is wrong.
Coolant level is ok. At that moment I did not get any message on the display. Also, the red light did not appear. I always see the blue light when the engine is cold to 55°C, then the blue light goes out. I monitor the temperature through the ODB2 display.
It's always around 90°C while driving. Yesterday I was driving up a hill at first speed on the mountain and that's why the temperature went up. When I saw 104°C I parked the car and opened the hood, the fan did not work. I quickly turned on the heating and the temperature started to drop to 90°C.
I'm confused what to do, does it normal or not?
Thank you

Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

ZokiKiza wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:43 pm Hello,
Yesterday on my mazda cx-3 2.0 petrol, first time I saw engine temperature 104°C. I opened bonnet and fan radiator not work. At what degree should the fan be turned on?
I'm afraid something is wrong.
Coolant level is ok. At that moment I did not get any message on the display. Also, the red light did not appear. I always see the blue light when the engine is cold to 55°C, then the blue light goes out. I monitor the temperature through the ODB2 display.
It's always around 90°C while driving. Yesterday I was driving up a hill at first speed on the mountain and that's why the temperature went up. When I saw 104°C I parked the car and opened the hood, the fan did not work. I quickly turned on the heating and the temperature started to drop to 90°C.
I'm confused what to do, does it normal or not?
Thank you
Have you tried turning on your air conditioning whilst the car is stationary. On most cars this will cause the fan to kick in. If the fan doesn't kick in you could have a faulty fan or fan control module. I would have thought at 104oC the fan would have kicked in.

I don't think there is a radiator fan switch on these cars. I think the ECU controls the fan by using temperature data received from a sensor. You might need to check that the thermostat itself and the coolant control valve are both working.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
ZokiKiza

Post by ZokiKiza »

Yes, when air conditioning is on fan is works.