Audio access time

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I've read a few posts online regarding how long it takes to read / access usb sticks and I'm a tad concerned as I tend to have a lot of music loaded.

What size drive / number of albums are you all using?

davidrew

Post by davidrew »

We have a SanDIsk Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 130MB/s Flash Drive Stick with our music on and you can access the file folders almost immediately. The thing that takes the time is recognising any playlists. We synchronise it from iTunes using a free program called iSyncer (http://www.isyncer.de).

Our big, big, annoyance is that the media system randomly forgets what track was last playing on the USB and resets to the first one it finds in ASCII order which in our case is '1000 Miles' by H.E.A.T. Would only be appropriate if we had a 1,000 mile trip ahead! We are running the latest infotainment firmware 56.00.512. We update it when we can get hold of new copy in the vain hope it may fix this rather silly problem.

The SanDisk is tiny and very neat in the slot with a small red light when it being accessed. See www.sandisk.co.uk/home/usb-flash/ultra-fit-usb
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol 2.0 in Soul Red
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

having ordered my new car yesterday, i'm intrigued by this thread.

I'm assuming the unit does not support iTunes? And thus does not have a search / scroll function like iTunes?
Deleted User 406

I don't use playlists so things should then be okay.

H.E.A.T's 1000 miles ain't a bad track to keep re-playing. Great band, seen them a few times and interviewed Eric Rivers a couple of times.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

It plays iTunes via my iPhone no problem.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 406

I don't use iTunes, it's an abomination ;)
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

plugged both my iphone and ipod in last night and all works wel

shame there is no where to hide the ipod out of sight - my last car (Honda CRZ) had a secret cubby hole in the centre console where you could hide things away, including the lead.
Deleted User 406

The access times has basically rendered my 64GB with lots of albums on fairly redundant as it just never seems to completely index. 'Hand shaking 'with the Gracenote database is an overly convoluted way of doing things.
I realise for most people it's probably not a big deal but for someone who is used to having fast access to their music it's a big disappointment. :(
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Yeah, I too have lots of tunes on a 64gb stick and gave up in the end. It never resumes play from where you left off, randomly stops after 1 track of an album, often resumes playback from particular track time and time again, even though I never play that track, and it isn't the first album alphabetically on the stick either. I currently use several 8gb sticks which appear to load and index fairly quickly, but the ICE is quite poor really.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
Deleted User 406

Once I've installed my phone on it's Brodit mount I think I'll just use Bluetooth Audio and select the music on the phone's music player instead.

Got a 128gb micro SD card in the phone so that should help matters.