Auto Locking

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Agreed, but it's a glaring omission along with auto dipping rear view mirror and front parking sensors - both of which were on my 10 year old Freelander!
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Oh I've been there with Mazda over this glaring omission which is on American spec vehicles. According to Mazda UK, there is no demand for the doors autolocking when over a certain speed. And yet you fit them elsewhere in the World and my last three cars have had it fitted.
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

I guess I'm in a minority; I've found the non dipping rear view mirror not to be a problem, no desire for front parking sensors - I don't have an issue with the length of the bonnet - and if you're really worried about car jacking lock the doors when you get in, it'll probably be too late when you drive off!
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

I don't think any of them are problems as such, just strange things to leave out considering the rest of the spec.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

alanandlyn wrote:I guess I'm in a minority; I've found the non dipping rear view mirror not to be a problem, no desire for front parking sensors - I don't have an issue with the length of the bonnet - and if you're really worried about car jacking lock the doors when you get in, it'll probably be too late when you drive off!
I don't disagree about the door locking. That is indeed what I do. What I find confusing is that drive away locking is the standard spec in the biggest market for the car and deleted for ours. I work shifts in central Manchester and leave at different times of day and night. I can lock the doors manually (and at 3 mph is not too late). Of course I can manage but it seems daft that a virtually no cost option is left out in this day and age. It is not unusual for certain types of people to open an unlocked door in a queue of cars and help themselves to somebody's property.

We've developed car security over the years but this seems an unnecessary omission.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gi-lesbo

Post by Gi-lesbo »

My CX3 does this too. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's in for a service next week so I will inquire :D .