New - from Cheshire

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Anchorman, by far the quickest 'mud-magnet' we've ever owned was my wife's Mini Cooper S (from new in 2003). Had a supercharged 1.6L (before Mini retrogressively changed future units to turbos). Could never see a thing out of the rear window after a couple of miles on wet country roads. Blistering acceleration. Rubbish build quality.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.

Simon DW

Post by Simon DW »

I have all of these apart from the dimmer mirror, also had front parking sensors fitted & interior 'welcoming' lighting in the footwell but it goes out with the normal interior light, would be nicer if these were on all time.

Enjoy the car!
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

GeeJam wrote:Anchorman, by far the quickest 'mud-magnet' we've ever owned was my wife's Mini Cooper S (from new in 2003). Had a supercharged 1.6L (before Mini retrogressively changed future units to turbos). Could never see a thing out of the rear window after a couple of miles on wet country roads. Blistering acceleration. Rubbish build quality.
I'm not friends with BMW Minis. The only ones I have worked on have been proper cows. They are nothing but trouble.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

anchorman wrote:
GeeJam wrote:Anchorman, by far the quickest 'mud-magnet' we've ever owned was my wife's Mini Cooper S (from new in 2003). Had a supercharged 1.6L (before Mini retrogressively changed future units to turbos). Could never see a thing out of the rear window after a couple of miles on wet country roads. Blistering acceleration. Rubbish build quality.
I'm not friends with BMW Minis. The only ones I have worked on have been proper cows. They are nothing but trouble.
+10 Anchorman.

Rear tailgate rust, water ingress to battery housing, unreliable electrics, dash board falling to bits, chassis metal fatigue, main component brackets shearing, air con vents disintegrating, dodgy wheel bearings and rubbish gearbox linkage, to list just a few. And, even though BMW insist they've rectified their early Mini's faults, they no longer make a Mini in the guise of a true retro tribute to the original Issigonis design. Their current 'Mini' range are ugly, over-bloated and unrecognisable.

The CX-3, in contrast, is simply brilliant.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

GeeJam wrote:
anchorman wrote:
+10 Anchorman.

Rear tailgate rust, water ingress to battery housing, unreliable electrics, dash board falling to bits, chassis metal fatigue, main component brackets shearing, air con vents disintegrating, dodgy wheel bearings and rubbish gearbox linkage, to list just a few. And, even though BMW insist they've rectified their early Mini's faults, they no longer make a Mini in the guise of a true retro tribute to the original Issigonis design. Their current 'Mini' range are ugly, over-bloated and unrecognisable.

The CX-3, in contrast, is simply brilliant.
You were lucky - you had a good one then!
Daimaxboyce

Post by Daimaxboyce »

Although there is an interior switch to pop the Electric mirrors in manually ,I've just had the part fitted so they are walk away folding mirrors.
This doesn't change anything to the manual operation of the electric mirrors .
Only cost about £100 at main dealers fitted !
Also bought the boot liner which was cheaper than eBay . £136 for both items !
Mazda CX-3 Sport 2.0 Ltr Petrol - Manual -
Dynamic Blue Mica colour - March 2017

Mazda CX-3 Sport 2.0Ltr Petrol Manual
Dark Blue colour - December 2018
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

anchorman wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:12 am
Tonysparko wrote:Hello very pleased with my sports nav 2litre petrol due to the bad weather we've been having I'm considering fitting rear mud flaps the rear window gets very dirty quickly in bad weather
I wouldn’t discourage you from doing it but even with mudflaps, guarantee it is the quickest car you’ve ever had for fouling the back of the car.
Got to agree with you on that, does the fitting of a spoiler help?
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Strangways wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:02 pm
anchorman wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:12 am
Tonysparko wrote:Hello very pleased with my sports nav 2litre petrol due to the bad weather we've been having I'm considering fitting rear mud flaps the rear window gets very dirty quickly in bad weather
I wouldn’t discourage you from doing it but even with mudflaps, guarantee it is the quickest car you’ve ever had for fouling the back of the car.
Got to agree with you on that, does the fitting of a spoiler help?
Nope